Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Little Bit of Rec Camp 2


You probably remember one of mt posts, A Little Bit of Rec Camp. I am going to post a little more about that topic.

As you probably know I have been going to my towns rec camp. So far they have done a few more fun things. For example, today these people from something called Explore Science came. When they came for the younger kids, they had the kids make rubber balls with molds, water and plastic stuff. I would have preferred to do that, more than what I did because everyone got to take something home, but what I did was still fun. What I did was my group was split into three teams. Each team has to build a marble run with school supplies. What ever teams marble run takes the longest to complete with a marble, wins. Each person on the winning team gets a prize. My team didn't win, mainly because the marble run got a little messed up at the end. Another thing I did at camp was go to a magic show. There this guy called "Tommy Knucklehead" preformed magic tricks. I wasn't there for the whole show because of Apple Camp, but my favorite trick, (one that I saw) was when he had boxes with wood rabbits, one black and one white. He did a couple tricks that could easily be figured out, like lifting up the boxes and saying the rabbits disappeared. He then lifted up the lids that covered the rabbits and had their colors switch! He then told everyone that the ice cream man was there so they would look away (I didn't). He turned the boxes around and the rabbits were red and green! I might have gotten the trick a little confused, but if you know, post a comment and tell. One more thing I did at camp was a watermelon eating contest. I came in 1st or 2nd, I still cant tell. It was easy, all I had to do was lean down till they blow the whistle. When they did I took as big bites as I could and didn't swallow till the end. NOTE: I only ate one slice of watermelon in the contest. Camp is really fun, and I cant wait to know whats in store for tomorrow.
This post is part of a post series. To see the last post in this series, Click Here

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack, That made me very hungry for watermelon. Congratulations for winning. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JACK ( you can't say that in an airport)
    HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU.
    HACK

    ReplyDelete