Monday, July 26, 2010

A Little Bit of Deer

The Golden Deer
The other week, my mom, my sister, my brother and I were out and about, when my mom saw a Gold Deer. The head was made of zinc, the body was made of copper, and it was painted with real gold. Turns out it was from a weather vain, but when she got it, the stand for it was missing. Later she put it on a mantel in the butler's pantry of our house. A day or two after that she searched it up on the Internet and figured out the Deer is worth from $1,500 to $5,000! She only bought it for $70. She got a book about the deer and it said it was made by J. W. Fiske in 1893. Back then it was worth $50. Back then, that was a lot. The stand for the deer just came in the mail. It looks pretty cool with the stand (or as my mom would say, "it looks pretty bad with the stand"). Bad meaning cool, not meaning not good. I like the deer and I hope we keep it for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT FIND, THE DEER WILL BE A FAMILY TREASURE. SOME DAY YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE TV PROGRAM ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL YOUR COOL STUFF. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack, Your Mom is right....the deer looks really bad [meaning really cool]. It's beautiful. Someday it will be yours !!

    ReplyDelete