Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Little Bit of a Farm


Today I went to this farm. It wasn't too far from my house, which is why I go to it every year. This year I got to go Yellow Peach picking, with my grandparents. I got a couple good peaches. My mom said not to pick a peach if it isn't very soft. After picking peaches I went in this maze made out of hay. It was a little too easy so I started jumping out of nowhere and scaring my brother and sister. Next I went to what I had been waiting for... THE CORN MAZE! But before that I saw a friend from school. We exchanged what classes we were going to be in (he was in a different class than me). It turned out we needed these bracelets to go in the corn maze. While my grandparents got them I played in the corn box with my siblings. What is a corn box? You may be asking yourself. Well, a corn box is a sand box full of corn kernels. Once I got the bracelet I needed, I went in the corn maze. It was much bigger than expected. I didn't look at the map so I kind of got lost. After ten minutes I had to leave so I didn't finish the maze (to tell the truth I was getting a little tired and scared). There were like three other mazes (they were the rock maze, the tile maze and the rope maze) but we couldn't do them because we had to eat lunch. The farm was really fun. My mom promised to come again this fall. After the farm I went to this cool restaurant. It was country style and made out of a giant old barn. It was pretty cool. What surprised me was that, on the roof there was a Amish Buggy right above a fully stocked Koi pond. The farm and the restaurant were really cool. You should try things like them sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment