Monday, August 23, 2010

A Little Bit of the Red Pyramid


I just finished the book The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors. Actually tied in first with Joane Rowling (Harry Potter) and Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid). Did you know I have met Rick Riordan and Jeff Kinney. It is just I don't really remember meeting Rick Riordan. Anyway I am going to do a review on the Red Pyramid.

PLOT: ****
The plot is pretty awesome. The main characters haven't known it until they meet a family member that tells them. What they haven't known is they are magical Egyptian wizards. It turns out they have something that makes them 100x more powerful! They figure out in a few days the world will be destroyed and have to save it.

CHARACTERS: ***1/2

The characters are mostly a bunch of powerful Egyptian magicians, including Carter, Sadie (the people I talked about above) and their dad. Sadie is kind of mean but a little funny. Carter is your average somewhat dorky little boy who has magical powers. Other characters include the mythical Egyptian gods.


EMOTIONAL MOVEMENT (how much it made me want to cry/laugh): ****

The book was really funny (especially when Sadie narrates, yes Carter and Sadie narrate, yes in first person) but the book wasn't so sad. It was mainly really funny because, A. there are parts where the characters are talking to each other in the background, and B. the book is mainly about two kids on an adventure. If you don't get the point of that, the characters mess up a lot.


OVERALL SCORE: *****

This book was great! Once I got into it enough, I couldn't put it down. It was packed with humor. Rick Riordan has done it again. The part I didn't like was when Carter and Sadie gave up the thing that made them 200x more powerful. That really really bugged me.

Pic: readersread.com (the book blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment