Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Little Bit of the Lake


About an hour ago I went to this lake. My family and I thought it would be fun to go to a lake for once, to have a picnic and swim. We drove on the highway for about 30 minutes while I read The Big Friendly Giant by Roald Dahl one of my favorite authors (it is better than it seems, also it isn't for babies). Eventually, we stopped at a quick store and bought food, drinks and dessert for lunch. The dessert (gum) was getting a little out of control. My mom said not to buy any more of that gum (Hubba Bubba gum tape) Once we got to the lake, we layed out our picnic blanket and had lunch. I had baked spicy french fries, a sub sandwich Gatorade and Ridges sour cream and onion potato chips which I am finishing now. After everyone finished lunch my siblings and I got to go in the lake. It was more like a miniature ocean than a lake. There was little waves and stuff. I wasn't allowed to go out too far because there was a rope thing blocking the area where boats were. Eventually I got tired of the water (mainly because it was dirty) so I asked my dad if I could go to the park. He said yes but he was going to come with my little brother. That was when I saw the game... There was people playing a volleyball game. My dad said I couldn't play because I didn't know the people. I just played at the park instead. Soon I had to go home though. My day at the lake was really fun. You should go to a lake sometime.

I will soon do a book review on The BFG

Pic: tripadvisor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment