Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Little Bit of Ice Cream


Yesterday my mom, my brother and I drove for about an hour to get this Ice Cream maker. It was totally worth it because the machine is in perfect condition worth about $150. We only bought it for $80! Once we got home we started to make the Ice Cream. When my sister and dad got home they helped finish making it. Anyway we made this awesome Oreo Ice Cream with a recipe that had tons of 5 star reviews online. It worked and the ice cream turned out perfect. MMMM I can not wait to have more. Anyway, the recipe goes like this:

5 Star Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
2 1/2 cups half-and-half
8 egg yolks
1 cup
sugar
2 1/2 cups whipping cream
4 teaspoons
vanilla
1/8 teaspoon
salt
20 crushed Oreo cookies

Step by Step Directions
1 Heat half and half until very hot (not boiling), stirring often.

2 Mix egg yolks and sugar until well blended and slightly thickened, very gradually blend in hot half and half.

3 Add mixture to a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until steamy and bubbles form around edge, stirring constantly. Do not boil.

4 Once hot, pour into a large bowl and stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and salt.

5 Cover and chill thoroughly.

6 Add to ice cream maker per your manufacturer's instructions, stir in crushed Oreo cookies during last stage of freezing.

If you would like to see the original recipe Click Here
Thanks to MommyMakes at food.com for the recipe

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you will make ice cream for me when I come to visit. I will bring a very BIG spoon.

    ReplyDelete