Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Bit of Popcorn








Last night my mom found two different types of popcorn. One was Jiffy Pop (the popcorn in that pan), the other Farmer's Popcorn Cob (the dried corn on the cob that you pop in a bag, in the microwave).

Jiffy Pop: First we popped the Jiffy Pop. We put it on the stove on low, and waited till the pan started sizzling. Then when the foil expanded to the maximum we took it off the stove and opened it. To see what it looked like, look at the bottom of the pictures above.

Fried popcorn (experiment):
Next for fun my mom took some kernels off the Farmer's Popcorn Cob and put them in the microwave. They didn't pop, which meant when we were popping the Farmer's Popcorn Cob, we needed to put it in the label that we soon figured out was a bag. Next she took some more popcorn kernels off the Farmer's Popcorn Cob and put them in a closed pan with olive oil. She put that on the stove and soon enough the kernels popped. Yesterday was the first time I had fried popcorn.

Farmer's Popcorn Cob:
I believe this was only the second time I had done this. Anyway, my mom took the cob and put it in the bag. Then in the microwave. It popped like a normal bag of popcorn. When we took it out, it was full of popcorn and had a cob in it. The cob had some kernels and popcorn stuck to it, I thought it looked like a honey comb. The popcorn tasted pretty good and I believe it is very healthy without butter and salt.

Now, for the Blind taste test:

I tasted one kernel from each batch and my mom named them A, B, and C.

1st Place: Popcorn C a.k.a. Fried Popcorn, right out of the pan! (it was really buttery and good, even though there was no butter on it, also it was a new thing I never had before)

2nd Place: Popcorn B A.k.a. Farmer's Popcorn Cob (it was more healthy and sweeter than popcorn A)

3rd Place: Popcorn A a.k.a. Jiffy Pop (it was just your average piece of popcorn and the butter tasted fake)

I am popcorned out!

1 comment:

  1. NOW I WANT POPCORN, BUT THERE IS NO CORN IN MY HOUSE. THAT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIMENT, I WANT TO TRY THE FRIED POPCORN. THANKS FOR THE INFO I WILL NOT BUY JIFFY POP.

    ReplyDelete