Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Little Bit of Fablehaven




I just finished Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. Now I shall do a review.

PLOT ***** FIVE STARS
The plot was great! It is about people who go on a trip to some family. That family turns out to own a magical home full of magical creatures! Interesting, huh? It really reminds me of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter.

CHARACTERS ***** FIVE STARS
It turns out the main characters are children, Kendra and Seth. They are on a trip to their grandpa's. Other main characters include, Stan (the Grandpa), the housekeepers and thousands of magical creatures.

EMOTIONAL MOVEMENT (How much it made me want to cry/laugh) ***1/2 THREE AND A HALF STARS
The book wasn't very funny. More sad, but not much. The adventure in the book gave more of a thrill than an emotion.

OVERALL SCORE: ***** FIVE STARS
Overall I think the book deserves five stars. It was one of the best books I have read this year. I think Brandon Mull did a great job with using the magical creatures in the story. I especially liked how one of the characters gets a special ability in the end that involves fairies. You should read this book. I can't wait to get the sequel.

Pic: ioffer.com

1 comment:

  1. THe book sounds very interesting. I might want to read the book on my vacation. I really have enjoyed your blog this summer you have written about very interesting things. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete