Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Little Bit of ONE WAY


Have you ever seen a painting? Have you ever seen a painting with tacks as paint? Because I have. My sister and I are working on art projects where we stick tacks on poster board. I am doing a one way sign. So far it is turning out pretty good. I like this project because it is easy, fun and because I can do it while watching a show. All I have to do is stick these metal tacks on a white poster board with patterns on it. It is easier than it sounds. All you need to do it is:
1 Poster board Black/white (black looks better)
Over 1,000 I believe plain steel tacks
Enough strength to put the tacks in the poster board
An idea for what you are going to design
A projector to project the picture of what you want to design on the poster board
A good tracer to trace the design on the poster board
Patience
A little bit of artistic talent
Time
If you don't have those things, your artwork may turn out, broken, unfinished or just an idea. I hope you have fun with this project because I am. Also because that is the whole point of this (and the fact that you get to brag about your creation). Good luck if you are going to do this, if not I hope you enjoyed this post.

1 comment:

  1. The one way sign is awesome, that takes a lot of patience. You are very busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete